The Gingerbread Centre provides housing and support for families that find themselves homeless, including young pregnant teenagers.
Do you have a few hours to spare each month?
Are you interested in providing a helping hand to a local charity?
We are currently looking for volunteers with enthusiasm and the ability to work both independently and in a team. Do you have a friendly outlook and an interest in meeting people from a wide variety of backgrounds? Could you help in either of these areas:
This is an exciting opportunity for you to get involved by supporting our fundraiser regularly with collections and events in your community. There are a variety of activities available including:
- Collecting at various locations such as supermarkets, workplaces and public places
- Talking to supporters about our work
- Arranging collections in your community
- Co-ordination of collections – you may wish to advance to recruiting and leading a small team of collectors
- Active promotion of the Stoke on Trent & District Gingerbread Centre
- Handing out promotional leaflets
Our finance department are looking for a cash counter. You would be required one day a month to assist with counting and banking cash raised at charity events. Prior experience is not required as training will be given.
What We Offer:
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team
- Gain experience and confidence by interacting with the public
- The knowledge that you are making a difference to people’s lives
- Learning opportunities so you can represent Gingerbread with confidence
- Repayment of any travel expenses
If you are interested in providing a helping hand please email email@example.com to arrange an informal chat in the New Year.
The Gingerbread Centre is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All posts are subject to Enhanced DBS.