We’ve got some really interesting opportunities for people with a variety of skills and experience to join our band of Volunteers.
Some of our current regular VIP volunteering opportunities are:
Based at Rothesay Court, Longton, ST3 4LY:
- Our Finance Team are looking for someone who is used to using spreadsheets and has experience of inputting data to help them out for a half a day a week on either Tuesdays or Fridays.
- Handy Person – 2 weekdays a week to help our Maintenance and Housekeeping Team with general painting, tidying up, gardening, cleaning.
- Activity assistant to support with running activities for the families on alternate Saturdays for 2/3 hours between 11am and 3pm.
- Activity assistant on Tuesday mornings to plan, prepare and cook a simple lunch with the parents.
Based at Catherine Court, Hanley, ST1 3DJ:
- Activity assistant to support with running activities for the teenage parents on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 5.30 to 7 .30pm.
- Activity assistant to support with running activities at weekends, such as cooking a simple meal – this would be one or two Saturdays or Sundays a month from 11am to 2pm.
- Gardening – from spring onwards – one day a fortnight – weeding/cutting grass etc.
We’re also looking for
- Someone to help us with searching for Grants that we might be interested in applying for – this could be carried out from the volunteer’s home or at Rothesay Court and would be just a few hours to suit the volunteer.
- Someone to come into Rothesay Court to sort through donations – this would be an occasional role, with flexibility to chose hours/days.
We also need volunteers to help us run our fundraising events – such as marshalling a sponsored walk and other outside events, bag packing etc – so if it’s ‘as and when’ volunteering rather than regular volunteering that you’re interested in, have a look just complete the AAWsome Volunteering Form and email it back to us. We’ll then keep your contact details on file and let you know when we’ve got opportunities coming up.
Deb Withington, our Volunteer Coordinator, is in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and she would love to hear from you. Call her on 01782 973491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org