Join our Board of Trustees and help us ensure our charity continues to provide its invaluable services to the families who need them.
We’re looking for new Trustees!
- Maybe you live or work in our local communities in the Stoke-on-Trent area?
- Maybe you’ve experience of social care, housing or homelessness challenges?
- Or maybe you just care about the future of The Gingerbread Centre and want to see it thrive?
If you'd welcome a new challenge as a Trustee, we'd welcome having some new colleagues on our Board - people with different ideas and fresh perspectives.
This could be a win / win situation: -
- You’d be able to gain experience of being part of a Board and influence the decision-making.
- We’d gain a new voice with different strengths, knowledge and experience.
Why not have a look around this website and find out more about what we do and then have a look at our Trustee Role Description.
If you like what you see, then email your CV over to us by clicking below or post it, marked for the attention of Deb Withington, to reach us by 30th November 2020 latest.
What else do you need to know?
- This is an unpaid role, however we pay out-of-pocket expenses.
- Our Board meetings are currently held every three months on a weekday evening – at the moment these are happening online.
- Papers are sent out in advance, so you’d need to allow time to read them so that you could participate fully at the meetings.
- You would need to confirm your eligibility to be a Trustee by completing an Eligibility Form.
You never know, you could end up agreeing with our Chair, Ele Morrissey, who says “I decided to volunteer as a Trustee to support Gingerbread as the Charity does fantastic work locally supporting vulnerable families, to be able to influence the growth and sustainability of the Charity is hugely rewarding.”